Without breaking a sweat, without feeling guilty I can answer this question with a simple no. However, it may be a good idea for me to clarify that in my own experience, I can honestly say that the question “does Jenny Craig work well” merits a huge no as an answer.
Does Jenny Craig work well? The How’s
So how so I know that it does not work well at all? Well, I am one of the many people who have tried and failed at this program. I followed the plan strictly and religiously. I bought everything that my weight counselor told me to buy even if in the deepest corners of my heart I knew she probably knows zip about fitness and health (which we will talk about later). But I still ended up losing half the weight promised and it left me with a red credit card bill nagging me to pay up.
I also know it does not work because on top of that experience, I just became acquainted with someone who used to be a Jenny Craig employee. I wish I had known my Jenny Craig friend before I signed up, but she came to my life 4 months later. And she told me all the horror stories she had as a “personal fitness coach.”
Does Jenny Craig work well?
So what happened in the 5 months I was under the plan? Well, aside from bleeding my wallet dry, I had to follow this diet plan and eat only the prepackaged foods and some fruits. Some items were palatable, like the sandwich (at $6 a pop, they should be) and the muffin. But most of them, like the beef and potato that was all potato and the soups that seemed watered down to me were a hell to eat.
Then I had to eat these meals that came in servings fit only for an ant queen as the serving sizes were so small, after an hour of walking around (I am a supermarket store manager so I walk around lots in a day), I end up craving for food and calories.
Then when I turn to my “personal fitness coach,” she would only end up pitching me to buy more Jenny Craig food items! And later, I found out through my friend who was a former Jenny Craig employee that they did undergo this training abut health and fitness and about motivating the customers to lose weight, but they end up forgetting about it because they are really more geared to selling their items. And to further “motivate” them to sell, they get fired if they do not meet the quota. Truly a terrible “motivation” for someone who is geared to “motivate” us to lose weight and be healthy.
Does Jenny Craig work well? Let’s find out…
If someone answers the question “does Jenny Craig wok well?” with a yes, I would say good for you and enjoy spending $100 a week for the rest of your life and eating rabbit servings forever. Because the only plan that worked for me is the Fat Loss 4 Idiots plan and it made me lose a whopping “11 pounds in 9 days.”
- The Obligatory Blueberry Muffin – The Knead For Speed
- The Worst Blizzard Horror Stories » INFRASTRUCTURIST
- Cholesterol Diet plan – All You’ll need to Know | Healthy Diet Plan
- Media Outrage » Blog Archive » Go Inside Jenny Craig’s FAT Crib
- Weight-Loss Queen Jenny Craig Lists Rancho Santa Fe Home for $8,995,000 | Zillow Blog – Real Estate Market Stats, Celebrity Real Estate, and Zillow News
- Centre cracks down on import of spurious food items | SouthAsiaNow.com
- Teen Health Article|Healthy Teenage Diet Plan|Teen Nutrition | Savvy Vegetarian Blog
- Muffin Basics | How to save money and get out of debt – Living on a Dime
- Is the iPad Nano worth getting? I have heard of horror stories with battery problems? « Computer Infos
- Comprehending Nutritious Food Items To Lose Weight | Health Ages Portal Of Health & Fitness
Posted on January 10th, 2011 | By: admin | Tags: 4 Months, 5 Months, Calories, Counselor, Diet Plan, Fitness And Health, Fitness Coach, Food Items, Fruits, Horror Stories, Jenny Craig, Muffin, Personal Coach, Personal Fitness, Sandwich, Serving Sizes, soups, Supermarket, Sweat, Wallet
Filed under Jenny Craig